Saturday, May 26, 2007

we're not machines
i come home after a bout of dinner and drinks with close friends at the end of the work day. not charging my mobile or my ipod the day before, i started today with a half tank for my most trusted mobile devices. at the end of the day, their batteries are drained from constant use that have helped fuel my life. and i recharge them now, so that i can draw from them tomorrow.

is there a better source of energy that needs no recharging, that is renewable and everlasting?

Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
- John 4:13-14

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.
- Revelations 22:17

With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.
- Isaiah 12:3

No comments: