Sunday, August 28, 2005

the power within
just feel like writing in here now because it just rocks my socks to be able to type. you see, everytime i depress my finger, words pop out on my screen. something physical gets sensed by the central processing unit of my laptop, and somehow translates that language to appear as if almost by magic. the words that i see in my mind.

and the words that i see in my mind, are just occurences of 26 different graphics that we are accustomed to as english. and by combining these words randomly, by having them spaced at different intervals, our central processing units create different meanings.

and that is wot appeals to me in music. how within a set of bound rules, a system of intervals creates one of the most fundamental expression in the medoum of music. how air moves between fingers and our ears makes our hearts beat faster.

i don't know how else to explain the magic between intervals. it is almost obscene to think otherwise. for God created the beauty in music, in the appreciation of music, in the arrangment of new music. stand in awe ye faithful servants, for there is nothing new under the sun. we are just arranging wot has been set apart for us, and arranging them in different intervals. and our lives, are a continuous montage of these intervals. like the score to a motion picture soundtrack. creation adores you.

No comments: